Rivertown Detroit Association Meeting Thursday June 23rd , 2016 5PM-6:30PM
Detroit Police Department New 7th Precinct Headquarters–3501 Chene–Briefing on how the DPD is using data and technology to help reduce crime in the Rivertown Detroit area.
Meeting Location: Detroit Police Department New 7th Precinct Hqtrs. at 3501 Chene, across from the U.S. Post Office.
- 5PM-5:15PM–Register, Meet, Greet
- Welcome by the DPD 7th Precinct team
- Rivertown Detroit Updates–36th District Court Update//Detroit River Living Magazine//
- Rivertown Detroit Association Golf Classic–Monday July 11, 2016 at the Belle Isle Golf Center to benefit the fire team at the Rivertown Fire Station at East Lafayette & Mt. Elliott. Go to www.eventbrite.com/e/rivertown-detroit-association-1st-annual-golf-outing-tickets-21978102095 to sign up. Limited number of players–so sign up early. Looking for hole sponsors as well!!!! Weather –Sunny & Warm!!!!!
- Overview by the Detroit RiverFront Conservancy and the City of Detroit on plans to develop the Rivertown area.
- Commander Williams–7th Precinct overview and how they are using data and technology to lower crime in the Rivertown area.
- Next meeting–Thursday, July 14th, 5Pm-7:30PM–Detroit River Boat cruise to raise $$$$ for scholarships–$20.00 ticket. Food, Fun & Friends!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Past meetings–see Memories tab for photos on our Facebook page–Rivertown Detroit.
HOMELAND SECURITY “PROTECT OUR BORDERS” SEE IT–REPORT IT –24 HOURS A DAY 1-800-537-3220 IT’S EVERYONE’S RESPONSIBILITY!!!!!!!
Rivertown Detroit Association-focused on improving living and working in Rivertown
Detroit. Membership–Work in Rivertown/Live in Rivertown area/Friend of Rivertown
Detroit. No cost to be a member—just looking for your time, talent and interest in
supporting and improving Rivertown Detroit.
Committees–Finance ( Diversified Members Credit Union),Advertising & PR Communications/e-newsletter (Bill Brey, Detroit Chamber of Commerce), Technology (Michael Rohde), Welcome–(Connie Bailey, Prime Time Travel), Scholarship–(Constance Bailey–Primetime Travel), Safety & Security (Duncan Eady–East Jefferson Inc.) Garden Club (Chair–Barb Hayes, Detroit Garden Center),History & Heritage (Charlie Lauhoff, Lauhoff & Corp.),Economic Development (Greg Williams, FRG Consultants), Arts Committee( Chair-Kristine Diven, District VII Gallery & Creative Space), Detroit Police Department (Captain Kyra Hope), Jefferson Ave./Streetscape(Chair-Josh Elling, East Jefferson, Inc.),Detroit RiverFront Conservancy Liaison(Chair–Michele Marine), Downtown Detroit Partnership Laison (Chair–Maryann Marantette Listman), Health & Wellness (Dr. Suzette Olaker-Copeland, MD, Loretta Davis, Institute for Population Health), Government Relations (Sher Smith), Rivertown Chaplain—Fr. Tim McCabe, SJ–Saints Peter and Paul Catholic Church, Real Estate (Chair-Sandra Dixon, Quality Service Real Estate), Transportation (Shanelle Jackson, Regional Transit Authority) and others.
- Rivertown Detroit Association coordinates efforts with the the Detroit RiverFront Conservancy, Downtown Detroit Partnership, REAL, Jefferson East, Inc. ,Detroit Police Department Riverfront plus Community and Police Committee, the Detroit Economic Growth Corporation, Detroit Fire Department and Friends of the Detroit River.
Thank you to Walgreen’s, CVS, WGPR for the “Welcome to Rivertown Detroit”on your electronic signs–we are getting the word out.
*June 23rd–Detroit Police Department 7th Precinct overview
*July 14th–Detroit River Boat Cruise for Scholarships
*August 18th–Diversified Members Credit Union
*September 15th–The Bridge Restaurant on East Jefferson Ave.
*October 20th–Oktoberfest at Atwater Brewery
*November 17th--Bob Maxey Ford—-We Are Back for another exciting meeting!!!!!!!!!!!!
*December 15th–Rivertown Detroit Fire House–”Adopt A Fire House”
Detroit RiverFront Conservancy—Some Dates To Remember for Fun in Rivertown See www.detroitriverfront.org for more details
- Eco-Green-Energy–Rivertown’s Official Lighting Energy Efficiency Company-- Eco-Green-Energy, LLC. (www.eco-green-energy.com). Providing efficient lighting recommendations and solutions for your business. Contact Butch Wardwell at 1-313-410-4358 or by email email@example.com for a consultation and review. Helping businesses save money on energy!!!!!
- Detroit River Living—The official magazine of Rivertown and the East Jefferson Corridor (www.detroitriverliving.com)–See thier ad on our website
- Fifth Third Bank-–Official Bank of Rivertown Detroit. Contact Vice President Juliana Perry at the Rivertown Detroit Branch for your banking needs 1-313-567-5348.
- Centurion Services-Official Carpet & Textile Services for Rivertown-See ad on this site.
- Eastside Colts–Official Football Team of Rivertown–www.eastsidecolts.com. Looking for sponsors, grants, supports for the 2016 season–Adopt a team–Contact Coach Steph 1-313-926-7771
- The Vestry-Official Mens’ Clothier since 2011 in the heart of Rivertown-Chene Square-www.the vestrystore.com 1-313-567-4700
- Roberts Riverwalk Hotel-Official Hotel of Rivertown Detroit–ask about the special Rivertown Detroit rates–Sunday-through Thursday–1000 River Place–see advertisement on this website for reservations.
- Arthur J. Rohde & Co.–Official Office Suite Rental Company of Rivertown Detroit–Large suites to virtual offices. Conference room available. Right next to the IHOP and across the street from Staples. See advertisement this page.
- Diversified Mambers Credit Union–Official Credit Union of Rivertown Detroit-See their advertisement on our website “We Believe In You” www.dmcu.com
- Robinson Furniture—Official Furniture store of Rivertown Detroit–see their advertisement on our website. “You Have An Uncle In The Furniture Business”–See Scott Bradley for the Best Furniture Deals In town and Air Conditioners, Tires & Rims, Bedding, Bed Bug Covers, TVs & Bar BQs, Lawn Movers, Snow Blowers, Appliances, and Accessories–Wow!!!
- Royal Transportation–Official transportation company of Rivertown Detroit–www.royalbus.com or 1-313-331-8700. “Experience The Royal Treatment”
- Harbortown Market--Official market of Rivertown–3472 E. Jefferson Ave. 1-313-259-9400/www.facebook.com/harbortownmarket–Your location for Holiday shopping–Fresh produce and meats, excellent selection of wines. Be sure to stop in and see Louie!!!!!!!