Rivertown Detroit Association Meeting Thursday June 29th ,2017 5:00PM-6:30PM
Overview and Tour of the new Orleans Landing Apartments and Community Center–Meeting in the Community Center–275 Orleans St. 1-855-463-8924 (www.orleanslandingapts.com)
- 5:00-5:15 PM–Register, Meet, Greet
- 5:15 PM Welcome by the Orleans Landing team and Rivertown Detroit Updates—Grand Prix Wrap-up (Mike Montri), MoGo Bike Sharing comes to Rivertown, Detroit River Living Magazine, Rivertown Wednesday, July 12th Sailing For Scholarships Boat, Cruise, Monday July 24th Golf Outing at Belle Isle Golf Center for the Rivertown Detroit Fire Station and more
- 5:30 PM–Overview of Orleans Landing and tour of the models—-a great place to live in Detroit along the river. Wow!!!!!
- Next meeting–Wednesday.July 12th–Rivertown Detroit Sailing For Scholorships Boat Cruise –5:00-7:30 PM Diamond Belle at the end of Joseph Campau–across from the Rattlesnake Club Restaurant. Tickets $20 each–contact Chip Rohde at 1-313-259-1010 or Constance Bailey (Prime Time Travel) at 1-313-213-8063
- Past meetings–see Memories tab for photos on our Facebook page–Rivertown Detroit.
HOMELAND SECURITY “PROTECT OUR BORDERS” SEE IT–REPORT IT –24 HOURS A DAY 1-800-537-3220 IT’S EVERYONE’S RESPONSIBILITY!!!!!!!
Rivertown Detroit Association-focused on improving living and working in Rivertown
Detroit. Membership–Work in Rivertown/Live in Rivertown area/Friend of Rivertown
Detroit. No cost to be a member—just looking for your time, talent and interest in
supporting and improving Rivertown Detroit.
Committees–Finance ( Diversified Members Credit Union),Advertising & PR Communications/e-newsletter (Bill Brey, Detroit Chamber of Commerce), Technology (Michael Rohde), Welcome–(Connie Bailey, Prime Time Travel), Scholarship–(Constance Bailey–Primetime Travel), Safety & Security (Jefferson East Inc.) Garden Club (Chair–Barb Hayes, Detroit Garden Center),History & Heritage (Charlie Lauhoff, Lauhoff & Corp.),Economic Development (Greg Williams, FRG Consultants), Arts Committee( Chair-Kristine Diven, District VII Gallery & Creative Space), Detroit Police Department (Captain Kyra Hope), Jefferson Ave./Streetscape(Chair-Josh Elling, East Jefferson, Inc.),Detroit RiverFront Conservancy Liaison(Chair–Michele Marine), Downtown Detroit Partnership Laison (Chair–Maryann Marantette Listman), Health & Wellness (Dr. Suzette Olaker-Copeland, MD, Loretta Davis, Institute for Population Health), Government Relations (Sher Smith), Rivertown Chaplain—Fr. Tim McCabe, SJ–Saints Peter and Paul Catholic Church, Real Estate (Chair-Sandra Dixon, Quality Service Real Estate), Transportation (Shanelle Jackson, Regional Transit Authority) and others.
- Rivertown Detroit Association coordinates efforts with the the Detroit RiverFront Conservancy, Downtown Detroit Partnership, REAL, Jefferson East, Inc. ,Detroit Police Department Riverfront plus Community and Police Committee, the Detroit Economic Growth Corporation, Detroit Fire Department and Friends of the Detroit River.
Thank you to Walgreen’s, CVS, WGPR for the “Welcome to Rivertown Detroit”on your electronic signs–we are getting the word out.
Sunday, June 11th–Kids Fishing Fest–William G Milliken Marina–Noon-4PM–Free for all to attend. We will provide fishing poles, etc if you need them–A day of fun with your kids!!!!
Thursday, June 29th—Overview & Tour of the new Orleans Landing Complex
Wednesday July 12th–Diamond Belle–Sailing For Scholarships–Anchors Away!!!!
Monday, July 24th—2nd Annual Golf Outing to Benefit the Rivertown Detroit Firehouse–Belle Isle Golf Course–Fore!!!!!!!!!!!
August 17th—Rivertown Detroit Economic Development Forum & Panel Update—Diversified Members Credit Union–
September 21st—-US Coast Guard Station Rivertown—Overview and tour of the Coast Guard Cutter Bristol Bay
Detroit RiverFront Conservancy—Some Dates To Remember for Fun in Rivertown See www.detroitriverfront.org for more details
- Eco-Green-Energy–Rivertown’s Official Lighting Energy Efficiency Company-- Eco-Green-Energy, LLC. (www.eco-green-energy.com). Providing efficient lighting recommendations and solutions for your business. Contact Butch Wardwell at 1-313-410-4358 or by email email@example.com for a consultation and review. Helping businesses save money on energy!!!!!
- Detroit River Living—The official magazine of Rivertown and the East Jefferson Corridor (www.detroitriverliving.com)–See thier ad on our website
- Fifth Third Bank-–Official Bank of Rivertown Detroit. Contact Vice President Juliana Perry at the Rivertown Detroit Branch for your banking needs 1-313-567-5348.
- Centurion Services-Official Carpet & Textile Services for Rivertown-See ad on this site.
- Eastside Colts–Official Football Team of Rivertown–www.eastsidecolts.com. Looking for sponsors, grants, supports for the 2016 season–Adopt a team–Contact Coach Steph 1-313-926-7771
- The Vestry-Official Mens’ Clothier since 2011 in the heart of Rivertown-Chene Square-www.the vestrystore.com 1-313-567-4700
- Roberts Riverwalk Hotel-Official Hotel of Rivertown Detroit–ask about the special Rivertown Detroit rates–Sunday-through Thursday–1000 River Place–see advertisement on this website for reservations.
- Arthur J. Rohde & Co.–Official Office Suite Rental Company of Rivertown Detroit–Large suites to virtual offices. Conference room available. Right next to the IHOP and across the street from Staples. See advertisement this page.
- Diversified Mambers Credit Union–Official Credit Union of Rivertown Detroit-See their advertisement on our website “We Believe In You” www.dmcu.com
- Robinson Furniture—Official Furniture store of Rivertown Detroit–see their advertisement on our website. “You Have An Uncle In The Furniture Business”–See Scott Bradley for the Best Furniture Deals In town and Air Conditioners, Tires & Rims, Bedding, Bed Bug Covers, TVs & Bar BQs, Lawn Movers, Snow Blowers, Appliances, and Accessories–Wow!!!
- Royal Transportation–Official transportation company of Rivertown Detroit–www.royalbus.com or 1-313-331-8700. “Experience The Royal Treatment”
- Harbortown Market--Official market of Rivertown–3472 E. Jefferson Ave. 1-313-259-9400/www.facebook.com/harbortownmarket–Your location for Holiday shopping–Fresh produce and meats, excellent selection of wines. Be sure to stop in and see Louie!!!!!!!